By virtue of Legal Notice LN47/2014 the Government of the Republic of Malta grants naturalisation by investment to reputable individuals and their dependants, after a rigid and thorough due diligence process, that make a significant contribution to the social and economic development of the country.
IIP Qualifications & General Requirements
For a person to be a main applicant for naturalisation as a citizen of Malta under the Individual Investor Programme, he/ she must be:
- the applicant is at least 18 years of age;
- the applicant commits himself to make the contribution determined;
- the applicant must meet the application requirements;
- the applicant commits him/herself to provide proof of residence in Malta and to provide title to residential address in Malta; and
- the applicant commits him/herself to invest, amongst others, in stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles or to make other investments as provided from time to time.
The application needs to be accompanied with the due diligence fee, the bank charges and documentation.
The Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- a proper background verification of the applicant and his dependents over the age of 12 years;
- a police certificates issued by the Malta police as well as foreign police Authorities where the applicant has resided for a period of more than 6 months during the last 10 years;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants are not individuals indicted before an International Criminal Court or who appeared at any time before an International Criminal Court;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants, shall not be persons listed with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) at the time of application;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants is not, or may not be a potential threat to national security, public policy or public health;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants shall not be an individual who, at any time, had pending charges related to crimes of terrorism, money laundering, funding of terrorism, crimes against humanity, war crimes, or crimes that infringe upon such Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms ;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants shall not be an individual who has been found guilty or has charges brought against him regarding any of the criminal offences that disturb the good order of the family;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants shall not be an individual who at any time was found guilty, or, at the time of the application, is being interrogated and suspected, for any criminal offence.
The applicant must have a clean criminal record both in Malta and Internationally, or at the time of application the applicant is not being interrogated or suspected of any criminal offence.
The Investment Required
- Acquire a property in Malta having a minimum value of €350,000 and retain it for a period of at least 5 years; or
- Lease a property in Malta for a minimum annual rent of €16,000 and retain it for a period of at least 5 years.
Invest in Malta an amount of at least €150,000, in financial instruments amongst other including stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles, or other investment vehicles as may be identified from time to time, retaining the investment for at least 5 years.
- main applicant: €650,000;
- spouse: €25,000;
- for each and every child below 18 years of age: €25,000;
- for each and every unmarried child between 18 years of age and 26 years of age: €50,000;
- for each and every dependant parent above 55 years of age: €50,000.
The main applicant must prove that he has been a resident of Malta for a period of at least 12 months, preceding the issuance of the naturalisation certificate.
Contact us for more information or a quote at [email protected] or call us on +356 21 345 009/010, +356 9925 0102, +356 7947 3405, +356 9945 8641. We will happily guide you through our services and also advise you on the solutions that would best suite your needs.